Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare


When I started reading this, I hardly know the genre of the book. Whether it's a love story or suspense and as I read it, I found out that I still can't tell what's the genre of the book. All I know is that it's fictitious enough for me to enjoy reading it.

Clary Morgenstern or Fairchild or Fray (That's too many surnames for one girl) was a 16 year old NORMAL girl who happened to meet an extra hot (-chili?) guy named Jace Lightwood/Wayland/Herondale/Morgenstern(choose your bet). At first, I thought Jace would be the "kontra bida" of the story but it turned out that Jace would be the knight in shining armor with angelic face but not so angelic manners.

City of Bones-visit the place where Silent Brothers reside and take a peek on what's inside Clary's mind.

City of Glass-Oh no! Jace is Clary's brother??? What a news..How can love be so sweet and painful at the same time?

City of Ashes-Valentine is back and he brought someone with him. Who's side would you be? Learn the truth behind Jace's story.

City of Fallen Angels-Angels fall and demons rise and this time greater demons rise. How can Jace fight the demon inside of him and face the angel before him?

City of Lost Angels-How can you save someone who seems happier being a prisoner than being with his family? Is Jace still worth saving and is Sebastian worthy of affection?

City Of Heavenly Fire-Where is Sebastian? Why can't they trace him? Would good triumph over evil? Would it be a happy ending for Jace and Clary?

All the six books kept me up for the whole night when I was on vacation and kept me busy while Im not doing much errands related at work. The twists and turns of the story kept me alive.The forbidden love and the thought of being with the exact opposite of yourself excite me even more. The prurient and mysterious characters made me crave for more outlandish knowledge. Lastly, the author is amazingly witty!

I've read a lot of books..a lot of series..a lot of love stories but this book is simply great making me feel pathetically obsessed with it so I recommend everyone who's reading this blog (if there is..) to read this majestic work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment